Thursday 24 July 2014

July Favourites

I do not know where this year is going guys, it seems to have flown by. Another month down and another favourites to be done, lets get down to business!




This month I've been trying out a new moisturiser as I'm running out of my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, so I thought I'd go back to an old favourite: Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturiser. This moisturiser has really helped my skin this month and does its job, a definite rekindled love for this!

My next favourite is a replacement for my normal foundation and is better and cheaper! The 123 Perfect CC Cream from Bourjois is fantastic with 3 different colour pigments to counteract 3 colours on your face. I do believe this is also in a foundation form but I've been enjoying this so much I haven't thought of trying it! My shade is 52, and its a perfect match which is half the battle most of the time.

Burt's Bees have always been my favourite lip care range and they recently brought out a new line (I think) which consists of 3 new balms with 3 different purposes - Refreshing, Moisturising and Rejuvenating. All 3 balms have a different flavour, which is what drew me in. The Moisturising balm which contains mango butter was the one I opted for, as I thought it was the nicest smelling and after using it for 2-3 weeks now it is leaving my lips feeling lovely and makes it 10x better when applying lipstick!

Although it seems childish, I bought a Pretty Princess perfume with Belle on it - for obvious reasons including the fact she is the BEST princess! The perfume itself is rose scented and is just a good everyday smell which I've been reaching for - and for £5 who can blame you! (They also do Cinderella, Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty!)

Maybelline Colour Tattoos have been mentioned in the beauty world for a good few months now, and due to the lovely lady which is Essie Button I was convinced to buy the Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. This is just a bronze cream eyeshadow base which is lovely all over the lid and blended out into the crease - a look I've been going for for this month.

I would class Soap and Glory to be a luxury for myself so when I buy something from their stand I am very conscious that it has to be of good quality and what I want. The three things I've bought and used this month are two beautiful products which I DO NOT regret buying whatsoever! The Brow Archery in Brownie Points is such a good product, I especially love the felt tip side as I feel it gives me the most natural looking brows. The other item is the Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Raplumsel which is a lovely deep plum colour and definitely a great find. Another  item from Soap and Glory this month is the Solar Powder bronzer which is a perfect overall bronze colour, which is stubble enough to not make you orange but show that you're tanned.

The two mascaras featured are both repurchases of my two all time favourite mascaras! They're Real by Benefit has been in my makeup bag for the past 7 month and when it ran out I was gutted, so I was out the same day to purchase another. I honestly love this mascara so much it just does wonders for my short and sparse eyelashes! And it's the same for the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes, it manages to make my eyes wider and my lashes unreal! Praise to them both.

As for my random favourites this month, I have loved Orange Is The New Black - and now I have nothing else to watch as I managed to watch the full 2 seasons in 5 days. My favourite app this month is Instagram, its good to nosey on people haha and my favourite book/film has been Gone by Michael Grant and The Fault in Our Stars film!

Thank You
Charl xx

2 comments: