Wednesday 30 July 2014

10 Products I Regret Buying

I've been fascinated by makeup and always wanted to expand my collection of it since I was around 11 as my skin was pretty bad and all I wanted to do and spend my money on was covering it up. So, in trying to find products that cover up my skin and don't give me more problems, I've come across many products that have disappointed me and today I'd like to share them with you. (Some of these things people might like but for personally I don't).


The most disappointing buy for me out of the 10 things in the photo is the Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Medium 3 Stromboli. The colours are totally yellow based which is a shame as I have a neutral tone and when I have worn this in the past it makes me look like a crazy lady! The product itself is great but Nars, please, change up the base!

The Clinique Even Better foundation was one of my all time favourites until I realised it was causing an allergic reaction on my face and causing white bumps to appear under the surface of my skin - personally I wouldn't claim this foundation to be 'even better'.

The Collection mascara (orange tube) which claims to give you 'longer lashes' did not do anything to my lashes, but for the price of it I can't complain as now I know to not buy another one.

Next to the Collection mascara is another disappointing mascara - the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye mascara. This mascara has a great formula but lacks in making my eyelashes longer or more voluminous which is sad for the price I paid and that Maybelline normally offer outstanding mascaras.

The MUA Luxe Power Brow was another shame as the pencil was very orange toned even for brown brows and the cream highlighter on the other end dried out within a week or two but was a real shame as I was going on holiday the next day and this was the only brow product I had as the others had ran out.

The Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious was a very disappointing product as I had saw Zoella talk about this and wear this on one of her videos but when I got it home it had a weird mint smell and taste to it and when applied it began to burn my lips - the colour is beautiful though so I don't know if it was just mine or the whole collection.

The ELF Blush in Peachy Keen was an awful purchase as it was dreadful pigmentation and a very chalky finish on my face. I don't understand why because another blush I bought from there - Mellow Mauve - is beautiful and has such a natural looking finish!

Another disappointing blush is the Sleek trio in Flame, these colours are all very red based and look unnatural on the skin - however when I swatched a tester in Superdrug they looked fine, it must have been the lighting but I was extremely disappointed when I opened it at home.

My eyeliner collection is vast in brand and price, however I have a few that have disappointed me but the worst out of them all is the Bourjois Liner Feutre. This eyeliner ran out after 3 weeks - 3 WEEKS, and to start off the formula was very dry and grey looking even though I picked up black. Fair to say that when I bought it it was not worth the price but I do believe Bourjois have changed their formula for it now so it might be better than when I tried it.

Last but not least is the ELF eyelid primer in nude. This is a very greasy primer and makes my eyelids which are already quite oily look worse and makes my eyeshadow slip off by the time I get out - I wouldn't recommend this to a friend but then again, I can't complain too much due to the price.

Is there anything you regret buying?
Charl xxx

4 comments:

  1. Its a shame you didnt get along with these products! Im more yellow toned, so Nars Sheer Glow may be good for me!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It looks lovely just the colour is a shame for me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame you were disappointed by NARS Sheer Glow - I really love it, but it's such a personal thing xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of buying it again but with a different colour, only time will tell :( xx

      Delete