Friday 1 August 2014

Favourite 5 Friday: Mascaras

It has occurred to me that I seem to be a mascara whore as I can never stick to one mascara and nor do I have a holy grail mascara so it seemed fitting to me to share my top 5 mascaras. 
I thought I could turn this into a series where I share my top 5 *insert product* every Friday - until I run out!


Here I have a mix of both high end and drugstore mascaras which I LOVE! And in a random order I'll tell you my opinion of each of them.

At the top we have the L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara which is a plastic wand. This mascara manages to make my eyes look wider and my lashes look longer which I love! From the drugstore it costs £10.99 and is 100% worth it as it is beautiful. The packaging is lovely however the brush handle is a very weird shape which makes it hard for me to hold.

Next there is a Maybelline the Falsies mascara which is a cult favourite and rightly so! This mascara makes your eyelashes look fake and with the help of eyelash curlers can make them look beautiful. The wand is fibre (I think) which is my personal favourite and is curved so it manages to get every eyelash, and for £7.99 who can go wrong!

The one mascara I have repurchased a few times is the MAC Zoom Lash mascara and oh boy do I love this mascara, and at £14.50 it doesn't break the bank to say its from MAC. The formula is very wet so manages to lengthen and add volume to my lashes and I only need one coat of this to make my eyelashes how I like them. I don't know what type of brush it is but it looks like a weird hybrid between a plastic and fibre one - whatever it still does its job. The only downside is that the packaging gets dirty easily which isn't major but I like my mascaras to look neat.

They're Real by Benefit has been talked about for what seems like forever and rightly so! The mascara makes your eyelashes fab and really does make them look fake. However I would avoid applying it to the bottom lashes as it tends to smudge on me. Another downfall is the £19.50 price tag that comes with it so I'd say this is a treat as it is rather pricey.

Last but definitely not least is the Rocket Volume by Maybelline. The wand is plastic but does a great job at making my eyelashes look fuller and longer - one or two strokes and I'm done! This is a great everyday mascara and would be perfect for anyone starting to try out makeup and is on the cheaper side at £7.99.

 What are your favourite mascaras? x

2 comments:

  1. I love the Mac Zoomlash and i really want to try the They're Real!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I've repurchased it so many times, and its great it just dries up quite quickly x

    ReplyDelete